Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Reflashing your ROM from your SD Card

Re-flashing your ROM from your SD Card

I found two good thread at the Axim site that allow users to flash the Axim X51v ROM from a SD card. This method is very useful when for some reason your ROM upgrade failed using the Dell’s upgrade tool. It’s also a method that can be used for those who want to install a different ROM language in their devices.

How to create a backup of your Boot and ROM

How to flash your ROM from a SD Card

3 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger SilverBandit said...

Hi, I've been following all those threads and as far as I can tell it doesn't work on the X51v yet, this is (I think) due to the 256MB ROM

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger ctitanic said...

If that's the case, it's going to be a matter of time before somebody comes with a solution. Knowing what to look in the ROM backup file it's easy to find it in the X51v copy and change the break points according to that.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger ctitanic said...

Andy, that's a good news.
I actually have used that method some years ago when I had an iPaq 3635 and it works. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home